detail content area
- Date2020-02-06 10:40
- Update2020-02-06 14:04
- DivisionDivision of Risk assessment and International Cooperation
Four more cases of novel Coronavirus have been confirmed in Korea
○ The Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) has confirmed four more cases of 2019 novel Coronavirus(2019-nCoV) on 6 February, 2020, which brings the total number of confirmed cases to 23.
○ The 20th case, a 41-year-old Korean female, is a family member of the 15th case. She was confirmed positive on 5 February while in self-quarantine. She is currently in isolation at Armed Forces Capital Hospital.
○ The 21st case, a 59-year-old Korean female, is a contact of the 6th case. She was confirmed positive on 5 February while in self-quarantine. She is currently in isolation at Seoul National University Hospital.
○ The 22nd case, a 46-year-old Korean male, is a family member of the 16th case. He was confirmed on 6 February while in self-quarantine. He is currently in isolation at Chosun University Hospital.
○ The 23rd case, a 58-year-old Chinese female, visited Korea for a travel on 23 January. Due to a travel history, she was being monitored and got tested because of fever(38 degree in Celsius). She was confirmed on 6 February.
○ Epidemiological investigation and environmental disinfection are currently on-going. The additional information will be released soon.